Terms & Conditions
- This Site is owned and operated by VitalSyn Ltd. If You would like to make a complaint about anything contained on the Site, please contact Us using the following details:
20-22 Wenlock Road
VitalSyn Ltd. is a limited company registered in England: #12731459
VitalSyn Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU, United Kingdom
- Some listings on VitalSyn contain data from public domain and public service sources. Such resources are only included on VitalSyn where the data is already in the public domain and where transmitting the data satisfies the public interest test.
- We take every effort to ensure that this data is as accurate and up to date as possible. However we do not and cannot guarantee that all the data is accurate and correct all the time. Please cross reference with other sources if you are in any doubt. If you spot an inaccuracy please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll correct it as soon as we can.
- The application of the public interest test is a consideration we take seriously and we are committed to sharing public data responsibly. If you have any query about any particular piece of data being available please don't hestitate to notify us at email@example.com.
- With regard to transmitting information about individuals in roles of public authority our policy on the satisfaction of the public interest test is set out in our Public Interest Test definition at https://vitalsyn.com/about/terms/#public-interest-test
- Preserving Freedoms: On VitalSyn, users can post reviews about their personal opinion of the suitability of different candidates to be selected for different offices. This activity gives rise to consideration of two freedoms that we take very seriously and will do our utmost to uphold - that of freedom speech and that of freedom from abuse.
- VitalSyn strictly enforces community standards and all users are expected to maintain the highest levels of respect and tone in all posts. VitalSyn reserves the right to bar any user who does not keep to the highest levels of consideration in discussion.
- Zero Tolerance of Abuse: VitalSyn requires all users making comments to provide a verified address and we will, without hesitation, pass users details to local authorities or the police should any comments appear to contain abuse. If you witness or receive any abuse please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Interest Test: It is possible through VitalSyn to post reviews about individuals in the public eye who have not created an account on the network. Our test of whether public comment about an individual meets the public interest case is as follows:
- If the person has received regular payment for a role in an organisation that has been funded primarily via taxation or other statutory instrument in the last five years, or they are applying for such a role, then public rating and review of their public service is considered in the public interest.
- If you have received a public review and you do not meet this public interest test and you would like all comments about your suitability for a role removed (positive or negative), and future comment blocked please get in touch at email@example.com
- Right To Reply: It is possible for a user to post a review about a public interest candidate which while not abusive (see Zero tolerance of abuse), still may be considered by the candidate or others to be unfairly negative or inaccurate. If you do not have an account and you would like to post a reply next to the original comment please get in touch with our right-to-reply service at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the comment.
Our right to reply process follows the following steps:
- In the first instance we forward your reply to the user who is given the opportunity, within three days, to clarify or withdraw their comments.
- If their comment is not modified to your satisfaction, we will post your reply alongside the original comment.
- Registration is required to be able to create a profile on the Site and You can register as a member via the ['Join'] link. You must be at least 16 years old to register and by registering an account You are confirming that You are at least 16 years old. Your profile may be deleted and Your membership terminated without warning if We have any reason to believe that You are under 16 years of age. By using the VitalSyn services You agree that (a) all registration information You submit is truthful and accurate; and (b) You will maintain the accuracy of such information.
- As part of the registration process You will need to submit an email and password which, if verified by Us, will be the email and password that You will be required to submit each time You log into VitalSyn.
- It is Your responsibility to keep Your login email and password secret. We will be entitled to assume that any person logging into VitalSyn using Your email and password is either You or someone doing so with Your permission. You will be responsible and liable for any actions of any person logging into VitalSyn using Your email and password (including, without limitation, posting information and uploading photos or videos to profile pages). Therefore, You should notify VitalSyn immediately if You suspect that anyone else knows Your email and password or that anyone has accessed Your account.
- We may at any time and for any reason refuse to accept a registration from any person.
- To perform certain tasks on VitalSyn you will be asked to provide third party identification that we can independently verify. We do this to help ensure that all active users on VitalSyn have unique accounts and they are who they say they are.
- The most common way We verify Your identity is by using our payment provider to verify the details you provide to us and confirm that they match the details held by your bank. When providing payment card details for the purpose of verification no charge will be made to your card at that time. If you use the card to make a payment at a subsequent step we will ask for confirmation from you again.
- Verifications against card details are not carried out by VitalSyn but by our trusted and authorised payment provider in partnership with Your card issuer. If Your card issuer confirms that the details you provide match the details they have for you in their records we accept that as confirmation that your ID is valid.
- We may at times offer alternative ID verification methods such as postal verification. If we offer this option to you we will provide details of the process and how you can use these alternative methods to verify your ID at the time.
- For the moment, access to and registration as a basic member of the Site is free of charge (although You may be charged for Candidate subscriptions or for pledges you have made to other members. However, additional confirmation will be required by you when you enter into these commitments). We may stop offering the Site free of charge at any time, but We will inform You by email if We decide to make a charge on any of Our services and give You a reasonable length of time to terminate Your membership if You wish to do so.
- To maintain a Candidate profile on the Site you will need a Candidate Subscription, these are monthly or annual subscriptions that are charged to the payment card you provide to Us. The price of the recurring charge depends on your chosen subscription level and product and will be clearly displayed when you sign up to a Candidate account.
- The common options for payment that we offer include Annual Payment Upfront and Monthly Payment with Refund Guarantee. These two payment arrangements have different features designed to give You the option of choosing payment terms that best fit your requirements. Their principal differences are as follows:
- Annual Payment Upfront
- One single payment is made by you annually upfront.
- No further payment is required for the 12 months following your payment and we will provide the site and service to the best of our ability throughout that time. We will endeavour to give you the best possible experience of our service, with access to all the features that Your chosen subscription level includes. However no service level or up time is guaranteed and no refunds can be given.
- Monthly Payment with Refund Guarantee
- Monthly payments are made by you upfront
- Each month your payment will automatically recur and be charged to the payment method you provide to us, until you cancel it through your ['My Account'] pages on the Site.
- We will provide the site and service to the best of our ability throughout that time and will endeavour to give you the best possible experience, with access to all the features that Your chosen subscription level includes.
- If in any month you are not completely satisfied with Our service, you can simply request a refund for the previous month through the ['My Account'] pages on the Site.
- You can get a refund for up to 3 months in any one year, after that the only option we provide is to cancel your subscription.
- If you cancel your subscription you are automatically refunded the latest subscription payment on your account.
Access and use of the Site
- You may not use the Site in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or licence that applies to You.
Without limiting the foregoing, You agree that when using the Site You will not:
- harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment;
- publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, harmful, confidential, libellous, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal material or information or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence;
- upload files that contain software or other material which are the intellectual property rights of any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of the Site or any other computer;
- create multiple logins;
- impersonate others;
- promote any activity that is illegal; or
- use software to harvest information from the Site.
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that We may give You regarding the use of the Site.
- You are responsible for obtaining (at Your own cost) all necessary equipment and telecommunications services required to access and use the Site. You are responsible for ensuring that no one uses Your equipment to access the Site without Your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Site using Your equipment has Your permission to do so and You will be liable for any charges or any other costs, liabilities or damages that may be incurred by any such person.
Third Party Sites and Contributors
- This Site may contain links to websites and microsites operated by third parties that are not under Our control and are provided to You for Your convenience only. We make no warranties or representations whatsoever about any other website which You may access through this Site or any services that they may provide.
- Without limiting the foregoing, these sites are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by Us and You agree that We shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or statements or for the quality of any products or services available on such sites. If You choose to access a website beyond Our control, You do so at Your own risk. In addition, use of any such third party website or microsite may be subject to Your acceptance of additional terms and conditions.
User Generated Content
- The Site includes profile pages that You are able to contribute to. Whilst We encourage You to contribute whatever material You wish to these profile pages:
- You must not submit any confidential, defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information nor use VitalSyn for any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication;
- You may only upload or submit material to VitalSyn which either You own or which You have the permission of the owner of that material to submit. You accept liability for any resulting law suits which may occur as a direct violation of these terms.
- You are responsible for Your relationship with other members of the Site. However, We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor disputes between You and other members.
- You agree that You shall indemnify Us against any loss, liability, claim, damage or expense incurred by Us arising out of any breach by You of this clause 6.
- You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted or shared by you will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
- In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, national insurance numbers and credit card numbers;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Competitions and Prize Draws
- From time to time it may possible to enter competitions or prize draws through the Site. There may be additional terms and conditions applicable to those competitions or prize draws. Where additional terms apply You will be notified of that fact and given an opportunity to read those terms and conditions before You enter the competition or the prize draw.
- You hereby grant Us the right to publicly perform, reproduce, display, modify, manage, distribute and store any of Your User Generated Content as part of the Site or as part of any materials used to promote or advertise the Site anywhere in the world. You are free to use Your User Generated Content outside of Our Site in any way You choose and in turn We shall not distribute or sell any of Your User Generated Content outside of Our Site.
- We will not be under any obligation whatsoever to pay You for any of the User Generated Content on Our Site.
- Save in respect of the User Generated Content, all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Site and all content and materials contained therein are owned by and shall remain owned by Us or Our licensors. You may view, download and print any materials and information made available to You through the Site subject to the following conditions:
- the material and information may only be used for Your personal and non-commercial purposes;
- the material and information shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
- the material and information may not be modified or altered in any way;
- the material and information may not be distributed or sold to any third party;
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material or the information.
- Please contact email@example.com if You believe that content displayed on the Site has violated Your copyright or intellectual property rights.
- We will exercise all reasonable skill and care in providing the Site. As explained above, We obtain the materials and information provided on the Site from third party partners and so We are not able to guarantee the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any such materials or information.
- Without limiting the foregoing, We cannot guarantee and do not promise that the Site and all materials and information provided through it will meet Your requirements. Therefore We advise You to check any materials or information provided to You through the Site as any reliance that You place on the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of that information is at Your own risk.
- You agree that You own the Intellectual Property Rights in and to all User Generated Content that You submit to the Site or that You are otherwise entitled to submit the same to the Site.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to clause 13.1, You agree that We shall not be liable for: (a) any direct loss, claim or damage; (b) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost savings or loss or corruption of data); or (c) any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (i) any use of this Site or its contents (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Site or any Service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Site or the Services irrespective of duration of any period of unavailability; or (iii) any use of or reliance upon any information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Site, in all cases even if We have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Without limiting the effect of clause 13.2, due to the inherent risks of using the internet, We cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, Your computer equipment or any other property when using or browsing the Site. The downloading or other acquisition of any materials or information through the Site is done at Your own discretion and risk and with Your agreement that You will be solely responsible for any damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such materials.
- We will notify You of any such claims or proceedings and keep You informed as to the progress of such claims or proceedings.
- We may remove the Site or cease the provision of any of the Services, or terminate Your membership of the Site at any time in Our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
- You shall be entitled to terminate Your membership of the Site at any time by written notice to Us. Termination of Your membership, howsoever caused, shall not affect the accrued rights and liabilities of either You or Us as at the time of such termination.
Data Protection and Privacy
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.